ListMessenger Support Forum
  • Announcements

• matt.simpson

ListMessenger Support Forum Updated   08/08/2017

We just wanted to mention that we have just upgraded our support forum software to the latest and greatest version of Invision Community. This will translate to a significantly better experience for users and hopefully a huge reduction in the amount of forum spam that pops up. Forum spam is poison to a support forum such as this because it robs support administrators of time which would have other wise went to providing important responses.
Guest Michael Hanes

More Than One Admin

Guest Michael Hanes   
Guest Michael Hanes

It would be great to have the option of adding other admins. The benefit is that the super admin could have control over the main settings that should not be tampered with while regular admins would be in charge of the actual daily use. As it is now there appears to only be 1 admin login and those that will use the program on a daily basis can see the settings. If those users were to poke around and change something then it could be the script in a state where it would not work.

PallMall    0

Can't wait....This will be a great feature. RIght now 3 of us here at work have to use the same login. Kinda sucks at the moment but works for now.

wvdgw    0

Hi Michael,

I definitely agree, and this will be resolved in future versions of ListMessenger.

Best Regards,

Matt Simpson

Hi Matt,

Can you say when did will be?

Regards Marcel

Hi Matt,

Having just one extra user login would make the product better. Can you please consider putting in an additional user account as a general user different from the super user. As it is now anyone logged in can see the setup section and this has the potential to be changed rendering the installation unuseable at that point.

Thanks,

Michael

Nat    0

I have been a very long standing user and supporter of LM, and this request has come up soooo many times over the years.

Go on Matt, you know you want to :)

Oh trust me Nat, I definitely do want to.

I am now a pretty senior web developer who deals a lot with security and access roles, so there is absolutely no technical reason I am not doing this. My issue is that you can't safely backport a feature like this into the existing ListMessenger codebase. In order to do it right, I really need to do a pretty major overhaul of the software... a rewrite. I've wanted to do this for years to be honest, but my issue always comes down to time.

My wife and I were discussing this last week actually, and I am going to be increasing the amount of time I'm spending on this. This will be good for everyone I think.

-Matt Simpson

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.