ListMessenger Support Forum
  • Announcements

• matt.simpson

ListMessenger Support Forum Updated   08/08/2017

We just wanted to mention that we have just upgraded our support forum software to the latest and greatest version of Invision Community. This will translate to a significantly better experience for users and hopefully a huge reduction in the amount of forum spam that pops up. Forum spam is poison to a support forum such as this because it robs support administrators of time which would have other wise went to providing important responses.
sunkenrecords

Listmessenger Not Sending Emails...

Matt,

I've been tearing my hair out over this one; I'm currently hosted on Godaddy (and I installed Listmessenger on another client's domain as well, also on Godaddy), but his install sends out the emails properly, whereas mine does not.

I have a test group with three email accounts in it, and none of them get the emails. All three are yahoo.com accounts. Checked the spam folder and nothing's there either.

Checked the SMTP server option relay-hosting.secureserver.net and that didn't work.

Godaddy says my 900+ emails went out, but my email address that I test with was in that group and I didn't get the email.

The test group with my email address in it doesn't receive my test emails.

Tried Php()basic, Php()advanced and still no dice.

error logs show nothing dated for the time when I send out emails too.

Please help me; I've settled on your tool for my mailing list needs but I need to know if this is a Godaddy issue or a Listmessenger issue (I know Godaddy has a 1000 email list cap, so I'm working within that limit.) Frustrating part is none of my emails are going out.

I even tried setting the limit of emails out to 1 with a pause of 1 and still nothing's coming through.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

all the best,

Mike

Nevermind matt, I think I solved my problem.

With Godaddy you have to set the emails to the following format:

Message Line Ending: CR

Email Address format: Fullname

Message Delivery: PHP Basic

But it garbles up my messages now; any way to fix that Matt?

best,

Mike

Guest James   
Guest James

Last night I sent out an email to my contacts (about 2,300) and my two email addresses that are part of the group never received anything. I use iPower and have the latest ListMessenger. Thoughts?

Hey Mike,

Sorry for the frustration.

I don't know why it would mess with the message contents, that's odd.

Try this:

Message Line Ending: CR+LF

Email Address format: Fullname

Message Delivery: PHP Mail [advanced]

That's your best bet.

~Matt

I got it to work on Godaddy!

Message Line Ending: CR

Email Address Format: Fullname

Message Delivery: PHP Mail [basic]

Now I'll be standardizing on this tool for all my clients.

Thanks Matt for making such a great tool. :)

Hey Sunkenrecords,

Wow, great to hear. Thank you very much.

Absolutely, GoDaddy has historically been a bit of a challenge to send mail through. They really neutered their PHP installation the last time I looked (~2 years ago). Glad to hear it's resolved though!

-Matt Simpson