ListMessenger Support Forum
  • Announcements

• matt.simpson

ListMessenger Support Forum Updated   08/08/2017

We just wanted to mention that we have just upgraded our support forum software to the latest and greatest version of Invision Community. This will translate to a significantly better experience for users and hopefully a huge reduction in the amount of forum spam that pops up. Forum spam is poison to a support forum such as this because it robs support administrators of time which would have other wise went to providing important responses.
Nat

Key Transfer?

Nat    0

Am trying to transfer a LM pro key from a redundant domain, to a new one.

I have sent over a email, but not had a response ?

Nat    0

Have to say, that I have had a response from to this, and extremely disappointed with the outcome.

I have a web site that no longer needs a LM Key, and a charity site that does.

The outcome, a Listmessenger key that is redundant and no longer needed.. and a charitable web site that Listmessenger wants to charge.

Very, very disappointed with the Listmessenger policy.

Guest Pete   
Guest Pete

Yep same problem. No longer have my old domain so the LM key is useless and support are less than supportive.

So, installed a better messaging system.

Hello Nat and Pete,

I apologize for the disappointment Nat and Pete. I thought I would take the opportunity to explain briefly. ListMessenger Pro is licenced per-domain, it has always been that way since 2001. Despite that, we do allow a domain change (key reset) during the first year, as well as other minor modifications. Our policy is spelled out in detail on our website. Since we have posted that policy, we have not and will not make an exception. It's only fair to everyone.

Our rationale is simply that if you purchase something in 2006 for $49.95, and get 8 years of use out of it, our feeling is that if you are going to reset the key and get another client to use it... you should pay for it again. It's intended purpose has been well served, charitable / non-profit organisation or not (I work for one, I know how it is).

There are lots of changes happening on the ListMessenger horizon. Our current per-domain one-time licence fee structure is on its way out, and customers will have the opportunity to upgrade to the new product offering. In other words, your current key isn't redudant, it may be an opportunity for you in the future.

Best Regards,

Matt Simpson

Nat    0

Sadly Matt, thats not really good enough. Agree you offer good value for money and a good product, alas flexibility is king, and I will not be purchasing any more products from you.

The redundant key that I have, was being offered to a charity web site as a donation!

Hi Nat,

Really sorry to hear that, I've enjoyed hearing from you over the years. Keenly interested in hearing why my explanation is not good enough though. Your message indicates being flexible with licencing is your most important attribute, is that really the case? If you receive a low cost, high value product, isn't it worth paying $40 for it? Per-domain licencing always used to be my personal preference instead of paying a monthly, semi-annual, or yearly licence renewal fee. I would have no issues with resetting licence keys if there was residual from a renewal fee, but we don't, so we can't.

Talk soon.

-Matt Simpson

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.