ListMessenger Support Forum
  • Announcements

• matt.simpson

ListMessenger Support Forum Updated   08/08/2017

We just wanted to mention that we have just upgraded our support forum software to the latest and greatest version of Invision Community. This will translate to a significantly better experience for users and hopefully a huge reduction in the amount of forum spam that pops up. Forum spam is poison to a support forum such as this because it robs support administrators of time which would have other wise went to providing important responses.
Guest George

Login Problems

Guest George   
Guest George

When I now login into ListMessenger Pro 2.0 it accepts the login and password without an error but just returns to the login screen.

Tried reinstalling, made sure it had access to the database but still no luck

Hi George!

Hum. This is usually caused by PHP being unable to save the session data on your server. Could you provide me with a link to a file that contains the following PHP code?

<?php phpinfo();

Thanks!

-Matt

Guest Rakesh K   
Guest Rakesh K

Hi George!

Hum. This is usually caused by PHP being unable to save the session data on your server. Could you provide me with a link to a file that contains the following PHP code?

<?php phpinfo();

Thanks!

-Matt

Dear Matt,

I am also facing the same login problem. It accepts username and password and returns to same login window without showing error message. I see you were asking for a file name that have the php code e.g. "<?php phpinfo()". I can send you the file if you tell me where it is located. My second concern is when I send an emailer to a group of ids (say more than 100), it does not show progress and after some time stops, when I refresh the page, it shows stalled at any id. I can't figure out how it is being happen. I was working fine on the LM around one more before.

Please do the needful. Thanks,

Rakesh K

Guest Rakesh K   
Guest Rakesh K

Hi George!

<?php phpinfo();

Thanks!

-Matt

Dear Matt,

I am also facing the same login problem. It accepts username and password and returns to same login window without showing error message. I see you were asking for a file name that have the php code e.g. "<?php phpinfo()". I can send you the file if you tell me where it is located. My second concern is when I send an emailer to a group of ids (say more than 100), it does not show progress and after some time stops, when I refresh the page, it shows stalled at any id. I can't figure out how it is being happen. I was working fine on the LM around one more before.

Please do the needful. Thanks,

Rakesh K

Please respond as early as possible. Thanks,

Hello Rakesh,

I mentioned in a previous thread, this is normally caused by PHP sessions failing to be written on the server. I would check that your session.save_path PHP setting is set to a directory you have access to.

Hope this helps.

Matt Simpson

Guest Rakesh K   
Guest Rakesh K

Hello Rakesh,

I mentioned in a previous thread, this is normally caused by PHP sessions failing to be written on the server. I would check that your session.save_path PHP setting is set to a directory you have access to.

Hope this helps.

Matt Simpson

Thanks for reply. I would like to know in which file I need to see the setting you talked about and where I could find it in which folder or file.

Hi Rakesh, This setting is probably available in your web hosting control panel. It usually is. How to set it, depends on how your hosting provider is running PHP. If you ask them how to set it to a writable directory, they will probably have an FAQ for you.

Guest Rakesh K   
Guest Rakesh K

Hi Rakesh, This setting is probably available in your web hosting control panel. It usually is. How to set it, depends on how your hosting provider is running PHP. If you ask them how to set it to a writable directory, they will probably have an FAQ for you.

Please help me out about the issue as I am not a technical enough.

Guest Rakesh K   
Guest Rakesh K

Please help me out about the issue as I am not a technical enough.

Okay, I found the file in which the settings <?php phpinfo(); is written only. Now the problem arising when I open insert/edit image windows and browse Image URL, it suddenly shows an error message like,

"The page at www.mydomain.com says:

It appears as though you are eithher not currently looged in Listmessenger or your session has expired. You will now be taken to the ListMessenger login page; please re-login."
After closing the error windows, LM does not allow me to do anything and returns to login page.
in php.ini - session.save_path = "/tmp"
in phpinfo.php, it has only this setting "<?php phpinfo();" nothing else.
I reloaded /javascript/wysiwyg in ListMessenger folder.
but nothing changed. Please help?