ListMessenger Support Forum
  • Announcements

• matt.simpson

ListMessenger Support Forum Updated   08/08/2017

We just wanted to mention that we have just upgraded our support forum software to the latest and greatest version of Invision Community. This will translate to a significantly better experience for users and hopefully a huge reduction in the amount of forum spam that pops up. Forum spam is poison to a support forum such as this because it robs support administrators of time which would have other wise went to providing important responses.
Sign in to follow this  
Guest steve

Php Upgrade To 5.6

Guest steve   
Guest steve

The host that I have my listmessenger installs in is upgrading from php 5.3 to 5.6.... will this cause any issues?

Guest LM User   
Guest LM User

We upgraded our ListMessenger installations from PHP 5.5 to PHP 5.6 without a problem. However, we found that ListMessenger does not work with PHP 7.

Guest LM User   
Guest LM User

After posting above that we had no problem using ListMessenger with PHP 5.6, but that it was not working with PHP 7, we found another post in this forum with an instruction for enabling ListMessenger to work with PHP 7. We followed the instruction and found that it works with our ListMessenger installations...

Change " database type = mysql" to "database type = mysqli " in config.inc.php.

Source: forum.listmessenger.com/topic/7713-php-7

config.inc.php is in the includes directory. The simple edit (adding an "i") is in line 2. Good to know if you want ListMessenger to work with PHP 7.