4 replies to this topic

#1 Vasim

Vasim

New Poster

• Forum Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 05:10 PM

I am using the HTML editor in List Messenger (Tiny MCE & Image Manager) and after I compose my message with formatting - e.g. Image uploaded via Image Manager and the alignment set to left which displays correctly in the editor, after I click 'proceed' and goto the next screen where I can see a preview all the formatting and layout I have created disappears and the text defaults to the bottom of the image.

Also, if I go back to 'edit' the message the formatting goes. It seems as if the editor is not saving any styles/formatting.

I have used Tiny MCE & Image Manager in different applications and I know this shouldn't happen.

Can anyone please assist ?

This is the image after I have formatted my newsletter design before I click 'proceed'
Posted Image

This is the image when I preview after i click 'proceed' (same thing appears when I edit or send to my email)
Posted Image

#2 matt.simpson

matt.simpson

Lead Developer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 06:33 PM

Hey Vasim,

Thanks for the post. To confirm this isn't an install specific issue, would you mind trying to do this in the ListMessenger Pro 2.2 demo to see if you yield the same effect?

Best Regards,
Matt Simpson

#3 Vasim

Vasim

New Poster

• Forum Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 09:18 PM

Hey Vasim,

Thanks for the post. To confirm this isn't an install specific issue, would you mind trying to do this in the ListMessenger Pro 2.2 demo to see if you yield the same effect?

Best Regards,
Matt Simpson

Hi Matt

I'm getting the same issue with your demo. In the demo I can't upload images so I added an image with a URL reference and exactly the same thing happens.

I am just giving an example of the image wrapping/formatting but I think all editor formatting is getting lost when you click 'proceed'.

Vasim

#4 Vasim

Vasim

New Poster

• Forum Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 01:11 PM

Any update on this ?

#5 matt.simpson

matt.simpson

Lead Developer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 12:57 AM

Okay, I just looked into this and figured out the problem. I will include this fix in the new build I'm putting out this week.

The fix is fairly simple:
1. Open listmessenger/includes/functions.inc.php.
2. Delete line 231 which is:
$HEAD[$i] .= "	extended_valid_elements : 'a[name|href|target|title|onclick],img[class|src|border=0|alt|title|hspace|vspace|width|height|align|onmouseover|on
mouseout|name],hr[class|width|size|noshade],font[face|size|color|style],span[class|align|style]',\n";
3. Save and you should be good to go.

Thanks very much for the heads up on this.

Best Regards,
Matt Simpson

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users