ListMessenger Support Forum
pattersonschool

Update Profile Confirmation Notice

Each month I send out an email to all of our subscribers to remind them that they are subscribed and show them what information their profiles contain. I include a link in the email to update their profile. When they click on it, they get a window telling them they will receive another email with a link to update the profile. This is redundant and unnecessary. Is there a way to send them a link to actually update their profile rather than go through hoops to do so? If not, this would make a great addition to the email variables.

Hey pattersonschool,

I completely understand your request, and I think that it does make a lot of sense. I will ponder how this can be achieved.

P.S. I will move this thread to the suggestions and feedback section so it's not forgotten when we start a new version.

Best Regards,

Matt Simpson

Hello mequeDug73,

Yes, this is very much possible. In fact, it is enabled by default. Notices of new subscribers and people who have unsubscribed will be send to the administrative e-mail account. Configuration for the feature is possible in Control Panel > Preferences > End-User Preferences.

Best Regards,

Matt Simpson

Guest John P.

Hello,

Has this been fixed yet?

I'd really like to send an update profile note, but I feel as though this redundancy would turn people away.

Thanks,

-john p.

Hello John,

At this time they have to follow the link in the e-mail to update their profile, there is no way around it. Having the sending engine create a new hash for each request would be a good way to do this, but it hasn't been implemented.

Best Regards,

Matt Simpson

Guest George

Dear Matt,

have you implemented a way for customers to change their profile directly on the website?

I too have found that customers find the process confusing & long-winded, and end up calling me.

Currently the issue is a problem because, the email may arrive several minutes later - which the customer has no choice but to sit and wait, or even that the customer has to navigate away from our website to check his emails.

Your help would be appreciated.

Thank you very much for your attention and a great mailing list application.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.